Sun Valley Builders, is seeking a Construction Estimator and Project Manager with a strong background in remodel and new construction projects to become a part of our growing team. The ideal candidate should possess strong communication skills, be highly organized, be a good problem solver, be efficient, have good attention to detail, and be a team player. The role of the Construction Estimator – Project Manager position will oversee the management of construction activities, bidding, budgets, estimates, and contracts. Direct construction activities including, trade contractor management/coordination, inspection of work in place, and governmental relations.
Our team has extensive experience providing services to K-12 schools, higher education, and municipal projects.
- Direct bid package preparation ensuring accuracy &completeness; prepare Bid Tabulations & offer suggestions for selections by owners; direct preparation of contracts for awarded bids
- Direct activities including scheduling, budgeting, and bidding
- Review request for changes and provide approval
- Manage / Oversee construction activities on the project site
- Provide problem resolution should problems arise
- Attend construction walks
- Create schedules for all phases of work including pre-construction activities, construction activities and coordination of utility construction as needed for bidding and estimating
- Review field inspections for quality & quantity of work; spot check quality of contractors work
- Interact with owners/consultants/municipalities/contractors at meetings, jobsites & on phone
- Maintain current list of qualified bidders; solicit new bidders based on completed and reviewed qualification packages
- Maintain current list of suppliers for special inspections and equipment
- Assist engineers in plan preparation for new projects to reduce the chance for conflicts during construction and to provide value engineering input
- Oversee monthly budget review and invoice approval by staff
- Support staff in paperwork preparation, distribution & filing in accordance with published policies
- 5-10 years of experience in a construction field management or approved equivalent
- Strong knowledge of scheduling, budgeting and design of construction projects, construction quality standards and methods of construction
- Strong leadership, people and communication skills
- Ability to identify and solve complex construction scheduling and coordination situations
- College degree in Construction related field preferred.
Apply for a Position
If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out the form below and attach your resume!
"*" indicates required fields